Friday, 13 April 2012

Accommodating revision

So, I've firmed. You'd think that would be the end of the matter, but of course UCAS is always weighing on my mind! First of all, I got a letter last week from UCAS confirming my responses to universities (I went back to check that CF, 'conditional firm' was the one next to the university I had actually picked as my firm way too many times to admit).

Secondly, it seems that my firm now has a file on me, which is a bit frightening! About a month or so ago I got a letter in the post from my college requesting various details, which I duly filled out. These included dietary requirements, medical details, all those sorts of things, and an extra letter about accommodation! Those of you who have followed my blog for a while will know that I got pooled post-interview to another college which was the one that eventually accepted me, so I have in fact never actually visited or stayed the night at the place where I might spend the next 3 years of my life, so this was a particularly interesting read for me.

From what I remember, there were about 6 different price bands you could go for, each described in a few sentences, which was a nice touch. I know some colleges don't give you a choice and you just take what you are allocated with when you turn up at the start of October, so it was nice to get some kind of idea about what we might be expecting. Perhaps the biggest bonus about my college is that it has one of the highest numbers of en-suite rooms in the university, but apparently the older students get dibs on these and then the ickle firsties have to scramble around for the remainder, so I'm definitely not expecting one!

Having received all that in the post, I filled it in, sent it back, and got an email more recently informing me that they needed a photo in order to "complete your file" which was a little nerve-wracking... Having had my fair share of horrific school photos, and knowing that they pretty much always turn out to be totally gormless and then unfortunately end up being used by the members of staff for the ensuing 12 months, I was a little nervous to respond!

Apart from that, the holidays have begun, and as always this means only one thing... or is supposed to, anyway... revision! Unfortunately after a good revision session prior to the mocks, I feel like I've slipped back into my wicked non-revising ways... I was away for the first week of the hols, and the busy days meant I didn't have time to do much apart from go out then sleep when I came back, so that was out. As for these next two weeks, I'm currently working 2 part-time jobs and for some reason my brain has convinced itself that if I have work on one day then I am unable to do anything except laze around for the remainder of the day. I've created a revision timetable like I did last time, but so far it's pretty blank. On the one hand, that means it's very representative of the amount of time I have actually spent revising... on the other hand, it's suddenly hit home that I only have 5 weeks left until my first two exams.... gulp!

Anyway, that's it from me. If you've enjoyed reading this or found it helpful, you can let UCAS know here! As always, if you have any comments, questions, criticisms, queries or rants, just let rip in the comments and I'll get back to you as soon as possible!

Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment